The Archive of the Magazine for the George Mason University Community

From Our Readers

By Mason Spirit contributor on October 8, 2009

Checking In

I was a nurse and worked a bit when we moved to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I’m in the older-than-65 age group and still keep my license active. I have been thinking about taking a refresher [course]. The nurses of today have it so much easier than we did. I have two beautiful grandchildren, and two of my sons still live in Northern Virginia. When we come back to Northern Virginia, New on spirit.gmu.edu I never miss a chance to see Mason.
Thanks for the memories.
Luci Borris, RN , BSN ’83

Its a Deal

The spring 2009 issue of Mason Spirit is fantastic— the best issue ever. The coverage of research and scholarship is splendid. If Roger [Stough]’s vision of $250 million in sponsored research by 2014 is realized, I’ll buy him a steak dinner at the top place in Northern Virginia, and I’ll double my annual contribution to the foundation. Keep up the good work!
Chris Hill
Vice Provost for Research, 1997–2005

Editor’s Response: George Mason University surpassed $100 million in sponsored research expenditures for fiscal year 2009, which ended June 30. This marks a 25 percent growth compared with 2008 and a 45 percent increase compared with 2007. Stay tuned, Dr. Hill!

Chock Full of Meaning

This is the first time I’ve read an issue of Mason Spirit that I felt was chock full of meaningful, interesting, and relevant information about Mason’s research programs. It’s also the first time since I graduated from my master’s program in 1994 that I’ve felt inspired to donate to the school. Thanks for a fantastic issue.
Veronica Perry,
MA International Transactions ’94

No Comments Yet »