The Archive of the Magazine for the George Mason University Community

Dear Mason Nation

By Mason Spirit contributor on November 1, 2010

Tenille Parker '97

It is indeed a privilege to serve as the new president of the George Mason University Alumni Association. Mason was a wonderful place for me as a student, and I smile when I think about its bright future. The great part of being alumni is that our Mason story continues.

During my two years as president, I will be focused on accomplishing three things that will help alumni create new Mason memories:

• Link alumni with meaningful, convenient, and rewarding volunteer opportunities.
  • Establish an unprecedented alumni effort to provide scholarships for Mason students.
  • Highlight the 136,000 Mason alumni every chance we get.

As you can see, there is no “our” story without “u.” You can keep the story going by simply making a commitment to tell everyone you encounter, “I graduated from Mason.” Better yet, join me at Homecoming 2011 and renew your connection to the place we all called “home.”

I enjoyed seeing many of you at the second annual Alumni Weekend earlier this month, and I hope you will take advantage of every opportunity to stay connected with Mason.

Finally, you can make a lasting impact at Mason by making sure other students can have a Mason story through your financial support.

With Patriot Pride,

Tennille Parker ’97
President
George Mason University Alumni Association

No Comments Yet »