The Archive of the Magazine for the George Mason University Community

Greetings, Mason Alumni

By Mason Spirit contributor on May 10, 2011

Tennille Parker

As I write this, I can see the beautiful snow in front of our house—no one has walked through the white blanket that covers everything. While I love its beauty, at some point I will need to walk through the snow, leaving behind a trail of footprints that others may follow.

I liken that image to our Mason experience. The day we arrived on campus, Mason felt like that blanket of snow without footprints—uncharted territory. Yet on that very first day, we began leaving a trail of experiences, accomplishments, friendships, and lessons learned that have indelibly changed the campus forever. As alumni, we have the opportunity to leave a fresh set of footprints as we charter our legacy for George Mason University. In fact, we can tread a legacy path by supporting our students with scholarship resources, attending alumni events that link our vast Mason network, or simply showing our Mason pride wherever we go.

As you revel in the memories of Homecoming or reflect on the accomplishments of students, faculty, and alumni featured in this edition of the Mason Spirit, I hope you will join me on the journey of our lifelong connection to Mason.

Tennille Smith Parker ’97

President

George Mason University Alumni Association

No Comments Yet »